Wednesday 16 January 2013

Prada Mens versus Paul Smith Mens A/W 13 Collection

Paul Smith A/W 13

Prada A/W 13

I know which outfit I would like to see my significant others wear, partner or sons....I like both collections, and there is no disputing that Paul Smith is a genius, but then so is Italian talent Miuccia Prada. For me her 'Macho Dandy' meets 'Teddy Boy' Menswear collection has the edge. There is a very clever mix of gender bias styling here - Us girls love wearing men's styled oversize jackets - Prada has taken soft fold feminine detailing here on the front of the shirt and made it work in reverse for the guys making it look very cool. There is nothing effeminate about this outfit - he looks all man!!! Old Etonian and all round acting talent Damian Lewis would look brilliant in this Prada look and carry it off effortlessly....

Take a look at both collections on Vogue.com and see what you think ?